Monday, April 11, 2005

Installing Sharepoint portal server 2003

I've installed Sharepoint portal server for few times in my machine without any problem and last night I got a strange error while installing (C++ runtime error). After that error it started to uninstall everything (rollback).

STSADM.log-setup* had this line at last - 0 04/11 11:15:04 4240 stsadm: Unknown argument: (password without the problematic character) .

I was not sure about the error in the beginning. After few seconds I figured out that the error was because of the password of the account which I was using it to install sharepoint. After a password change everything went fine.

problematic character -

I tried it few times and figured out that, if this character comes as a first character only this problem occurs.

N.B : I searched the web and Microsoft site regarding this problem. But I couldn't find any results regarding this issue. So I thought its better to have it somewhere posted :) .

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chester said...

Today I found this, by Alexander Fichman

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chester,
Thanks. I had the same problem.
Jeppe

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home